The service we render to God and man is an act. However, the root of it is the ‘heart’. It is very easy to receive commendation from the services rendered to man but not approval from God because He searches the heart before He notices the act. 1 Samuel 16:7, Matthew 5:8.
Hence, our services to God should:
1) Come from the Heart: Let our services be love motivated not self, rewards driven. You cannot love God and not serve Him but you can serve God and not love Him. 1 Kings 3:13, 1 Chronicle 29:3 – 5. People may applaud you for what you’re doing but if God does not approve, it makes no meaning.
2) Serve God Rghteously: You don’t need more than faith to be saved but you need cleanliness to be useful to God. God recognises righteousness. Isaiah 52:11, 2 Timothy 2:19 – 21.
3) Serve God Faithfully: You should serve God faithfully not face fully. A good look is not as good as acceptability from the Lord, 1 Corinthians 4:2, Proverbs 28:20.
4) Serve God Willingly: Your willingness determines your reward. 2 Corinthians 8:12, 1 Corinthians 9:17.
5) Serve God Joyfully/Cheerfully: If your service is not joyful, it is not acceptable. Deuteronomy 28:47 – 48, 2 Corinthians 10:6, Joel 1:12.
6) Serve God Diligently: Zealously and fervently give God your best. Hebrew 11:6, Romans 12:11.
7) Serve God Sacrificially: Diligently means giving your best but sacrificially is going beyond your best and usually not convenient.1 Kings 3.
8) Serve God Unashamedly: Let your service be with clear identity. Do not let reputation reduce your service to God because it will eventually reduce you to the ground. Opportunity for people to mock you is an opportunity for people to make you. You cannot be ashamed of what is gainful. Hebrew 13:12 -13.
9) Serve God Tirelessly. Hebrew 6: 10 – 11, Galatians 6:9.
Yours and my hour of transformation through God’s word is here. Be back for more. Blessings!